The sound of the television plays in the background, as I sit at the desk that consumes my attention for the next 8 hours. As my head nods I try to stay awake munching on the snacks I brought, which don't look nearly as good as the yummy doughnuts they have provided for the EMT's...yep, I am talking about the night shift here in the emergency room. I usually work the more busy hours here in the ER as a registrar, where there is a lot more action, I will spare you the stories of what I have seen for those that might be queasy! But lately I have been working nights for a gal who left on maternity leave 4 weeks ago, I just found out that she is headed back to claim her shift on the 17th of July(I jumped for joy). Yes, only 3 more weeks of my kids making their own juice,popcorn and trying to cut their own hair all while I am sleeping...I don't know how people do it! They must be robots or they are probably single with no kids, yeah that must be it! I admire anyone who is willing to mess up there whole sleeping pattern,body,house etc...it is TOUGH!! Here are a couple of my reasons why anyone in their right mind would work this shift...
#1. You might work the night shift if you areDESPERATE FOR $
#2. You might work the night shift if you
DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A BABYSITTER
#3. You might work the night shift if you are CRAZY!! :)
One of those reasons above must have been why I agreed to this..LOL
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
LOL! You crack me up! I might have to start working the night shift somewhere because I am becoming deprest for $$. Between all the money we spend on gas and the money I spend on presciptions for my husband who has become addicted to being sick, I am dying. Oh well, that's life right?!
who are the Andrew's? You have a link to their page, but when I go to it look at it, it says that I have to be invited to look at it. I guess I wasn't invited!
Are you trying to tell us you are desperate, cheap, AND crazy? Well, I think most of us fit into one of those categories, if not all. Allen worked the night shift for four years. Two of those years were in a hospital too. Not in the ER though. He was in the cancer ward. We sure did have good insurance back then, for cheap too.
Post a Comment