Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Itching for Another!

Well, Heidi talking about Rebecka turning 10yrs old today got me thinking about my own little ones. On July 9th Bryce will be turning 7, just one more year and he'll be getting baptised! They sure do grow up fast. Bryce, everyone knows was a very "active" child. He was literally running on motor oil..hee hee! He was 2 when Brandon and I decided to consider having another baby, and were surprised to find out it was going to be TWINS! I remember seeing Brandon's face, I am pretty sure it turned white with the news. But, despite our shock I was able to carry the girls 2 weeks shy of full term, Madison Emilie weighted 7lbs, & Kayla Renee came in at 7lbs 4oz. I had wondered why Heavenly Father gave us these two special spirits, how were we going to make it with Brandon finishing school, working at a job where we were already strapped financially, and now adding two babies where twice the formula, diapers and arms were needed. We thought, how are we going to do this.

I listened to a lot of advice and a cousin that had twins.

Rule #1 SCHEDULE, SCHEDULE, SCHEDULE
Rule #2 SLEEP WHEN THEY SLEEP
Rule #3 ALWAYS EXCEPT HELP FROM OTHERS

These are a few of the ones that I made sure I put to the test. The hardest was allowing myself to except help. But this is what saved me. I also was able to spend the time needed with Bryce so he wouldn't feel left out. Bryce did awesome with the girls, despite a few times of trying to pull them out of the crib on his own and laying on them when I wasn't looking....He was mommy's big helper! Well the girls just turned 4 in February, and the whole first two years are a blurr...I remember only the good moments, I think that is the way I would prefer to have it! Anyway, I am feeling the itch to have another...I think...and Brandon is not quite there yet, but I know deep down he would like another too. Now don't go asking him...because he will LIE....straight to your face! So maybe sometime in the future you will see our family grow once more....stay tuned!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Seems like just yesterday doesn't it? I remember those good old days...good times! What a bunch of cuties you have!!

Satirical Gangster said...

I told Wyatt that we will try for another baby when Bryce turns 70...ok...60. I'm such a softy.

Brittany said...

i really like the current background on your blog! very cute.

70 sounds like a good age for kids. then it'd be a toss-up on who'd leave first - you or the kid.

Anonymous said...

Seriously! A a couple of years ago we wanted to watch one of Nathan's favorite movies, Zathura, at the free movie times, and they had that one and Veggie Tales, which they play every year. So they put Zathura in the little theater and and Jonah, Veggie Tale in the big one. So guess which one everyone wanted to see? Yep, not the one in the big theater.I think they just like to mess with people!!LOL

Melinda said...

I can't type my true reply to the gangsters comment, but if you are going to try for another, you'd better hurry because you're getting closer and closer to 70 every minute! Can you imagine giving birth at that age? Crazy!

But before you do you need to move closer to us so we can raise our crazy little ones together.