Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Munson Falls-Tillamook, OR

We went on a little hike up to Munson Falls, and the kids liked climbing on the huge tree trunks and looking for bugs and slugs on the path. They found this yucky looking "Banana Slug"





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, you got to spend a week at the coast doing all kinds of fun stuff....lucky duck! I am going to the coast for a week, but I won't get to have my hubby there, so it won't be as much fun. But at least we get to go to the beach and have some fun....:)

Melinda said...

What beautiful pictures! You know banana slugs are remedy for stinging nettle? I do not think I would touch one though.

Melinda said...

I showed Tristan the picture of the banana slug and he says, "Don't you put banana slugs on stinging nettle?"

We are full of useless facts. That bit of info is drilled into our heads everytime we visit Allen's family. I am glad to finally know what a banana slug looks like, but answer me this...what does stinging nettle look like?