I was taking some pictures of the girls when we were on vacation, as I was taking pictures I started to get tears in my eyes realizing that my babies are going to be starting the 1st real phase of their lives next year when they turn 5 years old. Yes, 5 I can't hardly believe it myself!
I remember the day that Brandon and I found out we were expecting twins, the ultrasound tech looked over at us with a puzzled expression on her face, and then said, "Did you know that these ultrasounds are to be scheduled an hour per baby?" "What?" Brandon and I both said at the same time. She then stated, "Yes, an hour per baby, you are expecting twins!" I remember thinking Brandon looks awfully white, and I thought I was going to be sick. We found out that day that there was a 90% chance they were girls, I don't even remember what Brandon and I talked about on the way home in the car I was so shocked! They were due 9 weeks before Brandon was to finish up at Portland State with his Bachelors degree in Finance.
I delivered Kayla Renee & Madison Emilie on Feburary 13th at 37 weeks and 5 days, weighing in at 7lbs, and 7lbs 4oz. I felt so blessed to have carried them for that long, and glad they were healthy babies. I am thankful for the friends and family that helped me tons, most everyone who knows me, knows how hard it was for me to let others help, I know now that if I hadn't I would
not have survived!
I love you Kayla and Maddy!



















9 comments:
holy cow! it's so hard to believe that they're going to be in kindergarten next year. they've grown so much. i still remember them sneaking out of their bedroom at night and giving wyatt the stink eye...ha! :)
Those are sweet pictures Afton! It IS hard to believe how fast they are growing up. I remember quite clearly y'alls phone call telling us you were expecting twins. Time is flying by!
Hey, I read your plea for me to come home....so I came home! Actually we got rained out..so I am home early. You can call me and I will tell you all about it.
That playground was one of the many at the camp grounds were we were. They must make all playgrounds on the coast the same....LOL!
What beautiful little ladies! We love them so much.
hey, where were you yesterday?? Did you skip out on church, or did you have a good reason? Just kidding! I am guessing it's just because you had to work! Isn't working fun?! LOL!
Do you guys have the stomach flu? I just like harassing you about stuff. Isn't that what friends are for? LOL Anyway, my baby hasn't been sleeping at night, so I have been sleeping in a bit,while I can before school starts!
Well, my husband will be glad to get his girlfriend back among other things..wink wink! LOL Anyway, thanks for the advice about skipping the nap, and I think I might try that. I know it's going to be rough but hopefully the end result will over right the screaming and crying that will happen until then. Can Madelyn sleep at your house until this is over??? LOL Just kidding! Anyway thanks for the support...I might need it!
Seriously girl...your husband is so hilarious! I was laughing my butt off reading his blog about your little police chase! He cracks me up!
Post a Comment