Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

This year I was not that excited about Halloween. I don't really have a reason as to why, maybe it had to do with the crowds at the pumpkin patches & pricey costumes made out of poor material. So this year, we skipped the pumpkin patch, corn mazes and haunted houses and decided to just buy several pumpkins and carve them together as a family at home. The best part was just letting go and letting the kids dig the goop out of the pumpkins. They picked the picture of the owl out and then I had the idea to do the girls hands from Joanna, who saw a pumpkin done this way. They turned out really cute and we received lots of complements at Trunk-or-Treat.





I forgot that we did take the kids to the FANTASY TRAIL...it is a trail all lite up with halloween decorations...here are a couple pics from that.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You came up with the idea for the hand prints on the pumpkins all by yourself huh? WOW-aren't you brillant!!

The Halls said...

About the banks. I can get some patterns for a princess, unicorn, and dragon. Plus I am designing a fairy bank right now. I think she should be way cute but I don't know until I get her on wood. So far you are the first to want any so the 5 before Chirstmas would be do-able. Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for changing your blog...I have to take credit where I can get it....LOL! Just kidding, I just like giving you a hard time, it's what I do best and it means I like you, so you should feel really special that I bother you all the time! Love ya!

Melinda said...

Your pumpkins are awesome! Whoever came up with the idea, it is a great one and makes an amazing design. Allen helped Ethan carve his pumpkin. Unfortunately, we never got it lit. We are such slackers!

I do not mind at all if you copy what I do. Some of my ideas are copied too. I am not all that creative either.