Saturday, December 13, 2008

Atleast new to me

I would like to say how thankful I have been for my good friend "Kenmore" When Brandon and I got married 9 years ago we went to DI and purchased our 1st washer/dryer set for about $150. At the time the washer and dryer were about 25 years old, they reminded me of my childhood because my mom had a set just like them. 

Well about 3 years ago our washer died and we upgraded it but our good friend "Kenmore" dryer was still goin' strong. The other day a lady at church stated she was in need of finding a home for a dryer that she was giving away. I started to get excitied thinking about not having to pull the lent container out once more with a butter knife...whoo! So I asked her about the dryer that she had, and even went and looked at it after church. It was love at 1st sight..."kenmore" didn't even have a chance!

It is 20 years newer and works fabulous...When I set the timer for the clothes to dry in 30 minutes, it actually takes 30 min and not 90 min (3 times of me turning it back again and again) So this is goodbye to "Kenmore" and welcome "Maytag" She looks BEAUTIFUL!! Every time I pass my "Maytag" washer and dryer now I stop and stare! It almost makes me enjoy doing laundry now :) I said almost didn't I...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

oh, it'd be nice to have my own washer and dryer, sigh... congratulations on the newest member of the family.