
Several years ago I wanted to get back to running...I was looking for something I could do within the community. I came across The Race for the Cure here in Portland. The first year I participated in the mile walk. Then for the last three years I have ran in the women's 5k race.
My best friend Joanna's mother died of breast cancer when she was 18 years old. I had invited Jojo to join me in participating for the cause since she had experienced it first hand. We wore tags that displayed "In Memory of Margaret" , also my mother's best friend Anna died serveral years ago do to breast cancer. I felt proud to be joining thousands of women(along with Jojo) that day to support those who have lost the battle, those currently battling, and those who have survived breast cancer. I get a rush from seeing all of Portland flooded in pink, it is amazing! This year Bryce, Joanna, her son Nathan(same age as Bryce) and then Jojo's two sisters and I will all be walking the 5k together. If you would like to view the website or ever donate to finding a cure for breast cancer here is the website... http://www.komenoregon.org/
Wish us Good Luck!











6 comments:
Good luck with your walk! I think it is so great that Bryce is walking with you. We should find one here to participate in! Good for y'all!
Where did you find that pink ribbon? I tried to find something like that to put on mine but I couldn't! Oh well I am not nearly as talented as you. Looking forward to Sunday! It should be so much fun!
Good luck!
I have done the walk here in Dallas before and it is amazing. Thousands of men and women (I didn't see any young children) all moving toward a cause.
My aunt passed away due to breast cancer so I agree, it is a heart felt event for many. Thank you for doing that.
Hey, I did try to google and find something and I had no luck. Oh well, sorry about having to go VT, it took way longer then I thought and then my kids were grumpy and hungry. Anyway, that is my life, I guess.
I had tons of fun with you! You should quit running and just walk with us from now on! LOL. I don't think Nathan had any clue what race for the cure is. So at least Bryce had some sort of idea! I will explain next year!
remember those two times we ran the race for the cure? that was fun! we never did catch it though... maybe this year was your year.
Post a Comment