Lukas is now 2 months and growing @ lighting speed. It feels like just yesterday my parents were here and I was getting out of the hospital. Bryce, Kayla & Maddy at first had a hard time adjusting to the change of not having Mommy & Daddy's attention all the time. I usually am pretty good at picking and choosing my battles, but I have noticed that I have let many things slide. Now I find myself having to stand my ground and establish my authority again.
The kids have been great helpers, this is one area I can't complain. They all want to be part of holding,changing, or feeding Lukas. We have to monitor who did what last and who's turn it is now all the time. I working on finding a better way of handling this because if I don't I am going to go bonkers.
Lukas is a very determined baby, much like Bryce was. He is holding his head up great, has been smiling for sometime now, & sleeps like a champ. I have loved being able to be home, it has been hard having to work full-time this past year. I have felt like I hadn't been there enough for my children. How was me working effecting them? I was always stressed, and found myself yelling. Not a little, but a lot! It is not easy that's for sure, but then again no one is perfect, especially me.
Lukas was blessed Sunday and Brandon blessed him with having a strong testimony of the gospel, that he would be an example to those around him, and that he would be worthy to take a young lady to the temple and be married for eternity. It was a very special day not only because of this but it was also the 1st time Bryce expressed he wanted to bear his testimony. As I watched & listened to my handsome little "man" stand and express how much he loved Jesus Christ, his family & going to primary it brought tears to my eyes. I can't explain the feeling I got from seeing my youngest blessed and and then my oldest testify of Christ. It was a memorable day!













9 comments:
I love your new background. Possibly the cutest I have ever seen!
Lukas must be related to the Chapmans if he is "hating" his photo shots already.
You are a great mom and your kids know it. Just keep doing the best you can. Don't be too hard on yourself!
I wish we could have been there. Does Lukas weigh 20 pounds yet? Henson is almost there.
Ok I thought that I made a comment on this, but I guess I just thought it. Wow! those are some good pictures did you do them yourself?
Don't discontinue your blogs. I enjoy learning about your family and what they are doing. Helps keep me up to date.
Cute pictures of Lukas.
That is so totally awesome....those experiences are treasures you will remember forever!
Dang you guys make cute babies! Can't wait to see him .
I love those pictures of Lukas! He looks so incredibly sweet-I wish I could monopolize him for an evening and just cuddle! Of course it looks like I would have to stand in line! Please know we wish we could be there!
Post a Comment