Wednesday, February 2, 2011

8 Weeks To A Healthier Me

As most of you know I have signed on to participate in my 1st triathlon May 8th of this year. After I signed up to do this I finally had to face the fact that this was only going to be possible with a trainer. I have known for years that I was over-weight and needed to do something about it, but I would put it off for no apparent reason. I have been told for years and years from peers/friends/family "whatever, Afton you look great you don't need to lose weight!" I can't even count how many times I have been asked if I was pregnant and seeing the horrific embarrassment on the persons face as I tell them I am not. I am sick of hearing it!

I have always been a person of determination but lack of motivation to get started and this time I am setting myself up for success. I did some research/talked with some friends and I was able to find a trainer to help me reach my goal. 8 weeks & 50lbs. I know what you are thinking. And yes, people I can stand to lose that much & more! I am finally taking care of Afton! I am only 1 week in and have already started feeling like I have more energy. I look forward to working out and haven't really had a problem eating what is in my meal plan except when Brandon is sitting there eating a big bowl of buttery popcorn and I, my cucumbers and red peppers.

So to all of you I might see on a regular basis, please don't tempt or offer me any doughnuts or pizza because these are my weaknesses. And in 8 weeks I will be a happier healthier new me.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Good luck, we know you can do it! I wish we lived closer so that we could do it together!

Diane said...

You can do it because you have the motivation. Good luck.

ladybugs and lace said...

You are awesome! I wish I had some motivation to do the same thing. Love you!!

agaggleofglenns said...

You can do it!! That is so awesome. Good job for taking care of MOM-it is really hard to do sometimes. You are inspiring me. If you ever need to squeeze in a run give me a call. I could definately stand to loose some.

Brittany said...

go afton! you can do it!

what tri is it? blue lake? can we come cheer you on?

Kerry said...

When things got tough, something that would help me was to see how my clothes were changing in how they fit me. Sometimes I wouldn't see the progress I would like on the scale but my clothes were fitting better or getting loose even. Something I wish I had done was to take a "before" picture. Then I could take updates as I went along and see the progress that way. Just some ideas. Good luck Afton-I know you can do it!