#1. I was not thrilled with the idea of letting my clueless 13-year-old son babysit his younger sisters, even though he begged me to. "What about a fire?" I asked, referring to my No. 1 concern. "Mom," he,said, rolling his eyes, "I'm a Boy Scout. I know how to start a fire."
#2. My Husband used to work the night shift, so in the evening my five-year-old would climb into bed with me. One night, my husband came home early. "That's my wife," he joked. "Get in your own bed." "Fine, "grumbled our son as he stormed off. "When I have a wife, you can't sleep with her either."
#3. At day care, my 4 year old watched as a teacher pulled something hot from the oven. "what's that on your hand?" he asked. "An oven mitt," she said. "It keeps me from getting burned. Doesn't your mother use them?" "No, my mom's just really careful when she opens the pizza box."
#4. The sight of my mother cleaning her dentures fascinated my young son. He sat riveted as she carefully took them out, brushed and rinsed them, and then popped them back in. "Cool, Grandma!" he said. "Now take off your arm."
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Thanks for giving me a laugh.
FUNNY! But I know all those stories aren't yours because your mom dosen't have dentures! :) I can actually hear your kids saying these funny things! Miss you guys! Hope they are all enjoying school.
I thought they were yours at first too - thanks for the laugh!!!
Post a Comment