So, I have been in the market for quite sometime for a dresser for Bryce. Since he was 2 1/2 years old he is had this little 3 drawer dresser that is about 2 feet tall and Red, Yellow & Blue ~classic primary colors. I have looked at thrift stores, on Craigslist, and at retail stores but there was nothing of quality that I was willing to pay their high prices for.
Well about 2 weeks ago I picked the girls up from the bus stop and across the street on a neighbors front porch something caught my eye. It was a dresser. Everyday I pull out of my driveway and think...I wonder what they are doing with that? Well finally today I saw it still sitting there and thought to myself... I am going to go ask them if they are getting rid of it. What does it hurt to ask right? The worst that would happen is that they say, No.
I went with Kayla & Maddy and we knocked on the door, a gal came to the door. She stated that she was getting rid of it and had offered it to her Brother & sister-in-law but they didn't need it. She also had been approached by another admirer such as me, and he had offered $100. She never said why she didn't take his offer, maybe she was listening to the spirit and knew that there was a little 8 year old named Bryce that was in need of a new dresser. I am not sure, but what a blessing. She said that she would give it to me for FREE, but I offered her $20 and now Bryce has a new dresser!!
Ask & Ye Shall Receive!!











5 comments:
What a deal! I wish I could find something like that! Good job!
That is AWESOME! You definitely were blessed! That is a great dresser! I have had pitiful luck on craigslist too. I found a bunch of garbage and then I finally found something decent but I had to refinish it. This looks in tip top shape too.
That was a great find... She turned away $100 so that you could buy it for $20...The Lord was at work :-)
Wow, a blessing indeed! You are so lucky. Good thing she was listening to the spirit! Now Loukus will have his own dresser. I am a tiny bit jealous of you right now.
That is a very nice dresser - way to go!!
Post a Comment