Sunday, April 19, 2009

IMAX 3D

Well now that I am working full-time we have been trying to do something fun on the days that I have off.  Yesterday we decided to take the kids to see Monsters Vs Aliens.  We had heard that a local theater was playing it in Imax 3D... usually I am not one for anything Imax because I get sick from the motion of the movie, but this turned out to be really cool.  

We had originally promised the kids that we would get popcorn and drinks but after getting there and practically paying $80 for all of us to see the movie, popcorn was out! I think if it had just been the regular version in the theater that we had seen, it would not have been worth going.  We had a great time and it ended up being well worth the money!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

The last time I got motion sickness while watching a movie...I was pregnant! So, is there something you are not sharing with the class?

Satirical Gangster said...

Afton gets motion sickness if there is a fly buzzing around the room.
I do have to say that the movie was incredible in 3-D. I am a huge 3-D fan now(but not a fan of how much it costs.)

Andrea Shaw said...

My boys keep begging us to take them to this movie. We're big cheapskates though, so we only take them to Pixar movies.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! We are too cheap, we just take the kids to the two dollar theater! Oh well!

Melinda said...

Actually, now that I think about it, I do remember always having to pull over on the side of the road so she could puke. As she got older, though I think it became a good excuse for her to ride shotgun!

Kerry said...

Chris and Nathan went and saw the 3-D version too. They loved it!

Sorry about the motion sickness Afton.